August ended with 2,159 total predictions. Football (2014-17) accounted for 1,588 with basketball adding 571. There were no new predictions for the Class of 2017 in August, so Dylan Moses remains the lone Class of 2017 recruit with a prediction. Finally, the Class of 2014 football had the most new predictions with 1,218.
White Station (Memphis, Tenn.) power forward Leron Black held on to his mid-month lead just edging Cameron Robinson, who wasn’t in the top 10 mid-month, by 17 views. Last month’s overall leader, Jermaine Eluemunor dropped to 637th this month. August’s Mr. 247 was Raymond Wingo. Here’s a look at the top players, and experts for August.
Top 10 Recruits
- Leron Black (mid-month rank: 1): No. 1 basketball player in Tennessee (247Composite)
- Cameron Robinson (NR): 247Sports’ & 247Composite’s No. 1 overall recruit for 2014
- Thomas Holley (4): No. 1 player in New York (247Composite)
- DaVonte Lambert (2): Tennessee commit
- Joe Mixon (5): No. 1 player in California (247Sports)
- Raekwon McMillan (7) No. 1 inside linebacker (both)
- Josh Malone (NR): No. 2 player in Tennessee (both)
- Isaiah Whitehead (NR): No. 1 basketball player in New York (both)
- Da’Shawn Hand (6): No. 1 strong-side defensive end (both)
- Chris Lammons (3): Florida commit
Top 10 Experts
- Jerry Meyer (mid-month rank: 1): 247Sports Director of Basketball Scouting. No. 5 page overall.
- N.D. Kendrick (2): RecruitRecon.com National Scouting Director
- Jeff Borzello (6): CBSSports College Basketball Writer
- Jeff Ermann (NR): 247Sports Maryland Insider
- JC Shurburtt (5): 247Sports Director of Recruiting
- Kipp Adams (4): 247Sports National Recruiting Insider
- Zach Abolverdi (3): GatorSports.com Recruiting Writer
- Todderick Hunt (NR): NJ.com Recruiting Reporter
- Shannon Terry (NR): 247Sports CEO
- Jeremy Birmingham (NR): Eleven Warriors Director of Recruiting