Historically, football recruiting has dominated the Crystal Ball, but once again basketball has risen several individuals to the top of our rankings. Leading the recruits with a massive lead in September, more than doubling second place, is Quentin Snider. The 2014 point guard had 28 experts make predictions, with 79% correctly predicting Illinois before Snider announced his commitment on September, 12. That’s not all. For the first time, the top six most viewed recruit crystal balls are all basketball.
Top 10 Recruits
- Quentin Snider (August rank: 1): Illinois commit and the No. 1 basketball player in Kentucky (247Composite).
- Cliff Alexander (NR): Nation’s No. 3 basketball recruit (both). Currently 84% Kansas.
- Isaiah Whitehead (8): No. 1 basketball player in New York (both). 52% St. John’s. He decides Thursday.
- Rashad Vaughn (NR): Top 10 basketball recruit in the nation (both). Iowa State has a slight lead at 34%.
- Robert Johnson (NR): Top shooting guard down to UNC (85%) and Indiana (15%).
- Tyler Ulis (NR): Committed to Kentucky on 9/13. Crystal Ball had all 41 basketball experts correctly predict Kentucky.
- Ronnie Clark (NR): No. 5 player in Alabama. Crystal Ball is 96% Alabama.
- Speedy Noil (NR): Five-star wide receiver leaning towards Texas A&M (12%) and LSU (88%).
- Cameron Robinson (NR): Nation’s No. 1 recruit (both) committed to Alabama on September, 4.
- Lorenzo Carter (NR): Five-star defensive end down to Florida (2%), Georgia (10%) and Alabama (85%).
Top 10 Experts
- Jerry Meyer (August rank: 1): 247Sports Director of Basketball Scouting. No. 7 page overall.
- N.D. Kendrick (2): RecruitRecon.com National Scouting Director
- Tyler Mounce (NR): Kentucky Sports Connection‘s Managing Director
- Jeff Borzello (3): CBSSports College Basketball Writer
- Derek Piper (NR): 247Sports Contributor
- JC Shurburtt (5): 247Sports Director of Recruiting
- Jeff Ermann (4): 247Sports Maryland Insider
- Shannon Terry (9): 247Sports CEO
- Jay Hochstetler (NR): Kentucky Sports Radio Recruiting Writer
- Zach Fleer (NR): Land-Grant Holy Land Recruiting Analyst