A quick look at a few tweets from this week that drove significant traffic to 247Sports, and the simple things they did right (besides some having a lot of followers).
1. Informative, intriguing, clearly stating (FREE) which is important when promoting a network that has a pay side to it, perfect hashtag for his audience.
— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) March 4, 2014
2. Intriguing (who doesn’t want to look at a 5-star flip), enough information for a user to decide if they are interested (5-star, Vols, flip, other SEC schools). good hashtags, clearly states (FREE)
— 247SportsCrystalBall (@247CrystalBall) March 4, 2014
3. Added the relevant hashtag for his followers, let them know it was AAVIP
— Jeff Howe (@JeffHowe247) February 27, 2014
4. Nice work with the RT, solid hashtag
— Ryan Callahan (@RyanCallahan247) February 19, 2014
5. If that quote doesn’t grab you, what will? Could have removed the picture and included (FREE)
— Noah Stanley (@NoahStanley247) March 6, 2014